What are you going to do as a Technical Manager?
As a Technical Manager you are responsible for all commercial and product developments in a specific geographical area within the South and Central American region. In this region you optimize the sales of our hybrid vegetable seeds. To this purpose you organize and evaluate variety trials, make product conclusions with regards to local markets and translate these conclusions into sales budgets. Furthermore, you exchange your knowledge with local distributors and R&D colleagues.
· have a central administrative position in Enkhuizen for the South and Central American team and distributors;
· have contact with breeding teams worldwide;
· gather trial data from local technical managers and process the data to support decisions for the next season (also with the use of the to be implemented trial application);
· gather variety information from breeders;
· travel frequently to South and Central America to evaluate variety trials and gather updated market information ;
· plan variety trials and supervise trial seed shipments;
· support sales planning, forecasting and purchase planning processes for the South and Central American market;
· support customer service.
As a Technical Manager you report to the Region Manager South and Central America.
This position requires good entrepreneurial skills, a commercial mindset, good technical knowledge and affinity and experience with the horticultural sector. You are able to work independently. You have a Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of relevant working experience. You are result driven and accept sales and cost budget responsibilities. Additionally you have a flexible personality and are able to work with different nationalities and cultures. You take initiative and like working in teams. You enjoy travelling (about 20-30% of your work time).
In short, the requirements are:
· Good organizational and administrative skills
· Good communicator and relationship builder
· Fluent in English and Spanish, Portuguese is preferable
· Proactive and enthusiastic
· Affinity with horticulture
· Bachelor level
Enza Zaden is a vegetable breeding company that develops vegetable varieties. We produce and sell the seeds of these varieties all over the world. Both for conventional and organic growers.
Our goal is to grant people access to healthy vegetables. Anywhere in the world. Every day, more than 460 million people worldwide eat our vegetables. So, we are getting there ... but there is still enough work to be done! Of course, we look further than present needs. In 2050, when there will be about 10 billion inhabitants on our planet, we also want to make sure that people have access to healthy vegetables.
To achieve this, our vegetable breeders work with the best that nature offers. Supported by state-of-the-art technologies to speed up our breeding process. And that is really necessary, because currently the development of a new vegetable variety takes at least 6 years. We focus on higher yield, resistance to diseases and pests and climate extremes such as heat and drought. And on taste, shelf life and nutrients. The results? Strong, healthy tasty and climate-proof vegetable varieties with higher yield per square meter and less need of crop protection products or fertilizer. In short, sustainability is truly in our DNA.
Our head office in Enkhuizen is our home base, but we have colleagues all over the world. Enza Zaden is an independent family business, where around 2000 employees from more than 40 nationalities closely work together in international teams.
Please, send your application to our HR department via the link below.
For more information, contact Annemarie Weening, Recruiter, 0228 784 627.
Click here to apply for this job online.