Dümmen Orange is an international leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Rose Breeding department in Naivasha, Kenya, we are looking for a Supervisor Rose Breeding.
Our organization grows and flourishes via organic growth and by acquiring other companies. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. As Supervisor Breeding you have passion for roses, breeding processes and operational excellence. You will be part of the breeding operations team reporting to the rose breeder.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Participating in and supervising of (a part of) the operational greenhouse team within breeding;
• Coordination, preparation and completion of breeding activities, crosses and flower trials including crop maintenance in the greenhouse and open field, ensuring targets are met;
• Collecting, digital processing and analyzing operational results searching for continuous improvements of breeding procedures and processes;
• Reporting on the progress of activities and making recommendations for adjustments.
• Completed BSc program in Life Sciences, preferably in Plant Breeding or Horticulture;
• Good command of English;
• Good computer skills, amongst others MS Office package;
• Pro-active team player with pragmatic setting;
• Affinity with plant cultivation and crop protection and an eye for details.
• Employee utilization percentage;
• Operating below budget (budget variance);
• Set perfomance targets;
• Average performance of the team.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is a worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around 360 million euro. We have more than 7.700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to our Dümmen Orange success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. We take pride in our corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of our staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
We would like to receive your application letter, including resume by email to Winfred Muia (email@example.com). If you have questions, you can contact Paul Maris, Breeding Director Cut Flowers (+ 31 6 306 77 300).