May 22, 2017
4890 Victoria Avenue North, Vineland Station, Ontario
Vineland Research and Innovation Centre (Vineland) is recruiting for a Research Technician - Biological Control. You will be joining a highly-skilled research team, with oversight from an independent Board of Directors, engagement from an international Science Advisory Committee and collaboration with more than 160 global partners.
Vineland’s goal is to enhance Canadian growers’ commercial success through results-oriented innovation. We are an independent, not-for-profit horticulture research organization funded in part by Growing Forward 2.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Technical support for research in the biological control laboratory.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Perform day-to-day laboratory and field activities in biological control and integrated pest management research on arthropods in ornamental and production horticulture
· Dedicated research tasks on specific projects (e.g. clean start for thrips AFE project, foxglove aphid, assist post-doc)
· Organize and run experiments (aid with experimental design and set-up, data collection, entry and analysis, develop new protocols)
· Maintain insect colonies and plants as required
· Assist in the preparation of written reports and communication of research findings and other technical developments to stakeholders
· Share responsibility for the upkeep of the workspaces, equipment and supplies
· Perform other designated tasks as assigned
· BSc in biology or related field
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
· One year research experience in entomology
The term of appointment for this position is June 1, 2017 to March 31, 2018.
Click on the link below to apply online