Post date: Nov 1, 2017
Closing Date: Nov 15, 2017
Location: 4890 Victoria Avenue North, Vineland Station, Ontario
Vineland Research and Innovation Centre (Vineland) is recruiting for a Research Assistant - Greenhouse to work in an industry-driven research environment. Vineland is a world-class research centre dedicated to horticultural science and innovation. Located in Canada’s Niagara Region, Vineland’s mission is to deliver innovative products and production solutions that address the needs of the horticulture industry and advance Canada’s research and commercialization agenda. We are an independent, not-for-profit organization, funded in part by Growing Forward 2, a federal-provincial-territorial initiative.
Our people are the most important asset in achieving our goals and are known in the world for excellence in science and entrepreneurship. Our staff enjoys an exciting and challenging work environment noted for collaboration and knowledge sharing.
Vineland welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· To perform all related duties for crops in the greenhouse such as: general maintenance, clip, twist, lower, arch supports, J-hooks, de-leafing and pruning
· Report problems with insects, disease and equipment that is not working properly
· Must be able to lift up to 25 kg
· Other general duties as required
· Minimum completion of high school
· Previous horticulture and/or greenhouse experience
· Dedicated to maintain crops
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
· Horticultural diploma
· Pesticide Applicator Licence
· Previous experience with tomato and other vegetable crops
· Greenhouse experience
This is an immediate contract position with end date to be determined. The hourly rate for this position is $15 per hour.
Click on the link below to apply online