Delphy stands for Worldwide Expertise for Food & Flowers. With more than 210 experts in-house it is needless to say that Delphy is world’s largest commercial service provider in the horticultural and agricultural sector. The head quarter is located in The Netherlands and via our subsidiaries we can support worldwide. We provide services, knowledge development and knowledge implementation to further develop with our partners.
Team Asia explores this for the Asian market; where more technology driven and intensive agriculture is emerging. By extending our business in Asia we contribute to local developments.
As Delphy develops we will extend our business activities in Asia. As the new Project Manager at Delphy you initiate, execute and manage projects in Asian countries like Vietnam, Korea, India, China. The targets of these projects are to optimize local food & flower production by knowledge and expertise. You should be capable to act in a fast-changing, challenging environment, meet project dead-lines and deal with local culture and habits. As Project Manager you report directly to the Manager of Team Asia.
Your tasks & responsibilities
· Acquisition on and development of new, innovative and sustainable agricultural projects
· Management and execution of projects, providing business plans, capacity building, consultancy, etc.
· Application of funds or other financial means for the realization of projects in Asia
· Initiating new projects around themes like food production, water and sustainability
· Maintain and extend Delphy’s market position in Asia by account management and networking
· Participate in exhibitions, trade missions and other events
· Reporting on progress and results of projects.
· Agro-sector related BSc/MSc-degree and knowledge of the international Agro-sector
· Proactive, social and communicative personality and affinity with cultures of Asia
· Capable to act in a fast-changing, challenging environment and meet dead-lines
· Several years of experience with project management preferable in Asia
· Fluent in English (spoken and written) and preferable skills in an Asian language
· Capable and willing to travel frequently to countries in Asia
· Computer literate
If you have questions you can contact Gerjo Engbers, via g.engbers@ or via +31 (0)610 050 991. delphy.nl
Interested in the position? Please send you CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org