Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people’s lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light…
In high tech horticulture Signify has been leading in growth lighting for many years. Today’s business is to design and supply LED solutions for professional growers. With our LED solutions, light can be tuned exactly to the crop and its environment to improve growth results, which is the fundament for our ‘light recipe approach’. We are active in LED lighting for growing vegetables, fruits and flowers grown in high tech greenhouses, vertical farms and research institutes all over the world. Crops for pharmaceutical compounds, including medicinal cannabis for countries where this is fully legalized, is a new application for LED lighting.
You are part of the Sales team West Europe, you report to the Sales Manager West Europe. You are based in Eindhoven, and you will travel to customers and projects across the globe regularly. In addition, you are also part of our global network of 15 plant specialists in Horticulture LED Solutions.
Together we can…
Build on the position for Signify in the fast-growing market of crops grown for specific (pharmaceutical) compounds, including legalized medicinal cannabis growth. As Plant Specialist you establish and maintain relationships with key growers and research institutes. You advise customers on how to improve their growth process using Signify Horticulture LED solutions. You work with knowledge institutes to optimize growth and lighting strategies. You support the Business Development Managers and work closely with Application Engineers for best advice and implementation at customer sites. You are part of the network of horticulture consultants and other influencers in horticulture business in your region.
A Plant Specialist who contributes to the success of Signify Horticultural LED Solutions, by identifying and advising on the best LED lighting recipes for plant growing practices for pharmaceutical crops, both in greenhouses and vertical farms, across the globe with a focus Europe and North America.
Your key responsibilities are in the following areas:
Commercial and application research
· Optimize growth recipes by setting up projects both with customers and knowledge institutes
· Advice growers on implementation of LED and adapting to the new way of growing
· Share knowledge externally with customers and partners, by means of customer visits, presentations, reports.
· Support sales with application knowledge to realize a commercial deal
· Develop recipe knowledge
· Build relationships with key-influencers that enable knowledge or promotion
· Support sales by doing customer visits and bringing new leads
· Represent Signify Horticultural LED business at fairs and other events
New trends and innovation
· Keep up to date with developments and interests in the market on light but also on other developments in greenhouses by joining seminars, reading internet, fairs, doing projects together with other companies / partners etc.
· Provide input to product development and marketing on new opportunities for Signify Horticulture.
· In possession of a Bachelor or Master’s degree (preferably in Horticulture)
· Having several years working experience in the horticulture area such as greenhouse production, consultancy or research
· Passionate about greenhouse technology and plant physiology!
· Knowledgeable of lighting (is an advantage)
· Committed, drive for result, no non-sense & to-the-point
· Willing and liking to travel 25% of the time
· Fluent in English, additional languages are a plus
· Structured in your way of working
· A good communicator, conscientious and pro-active
· An excellent team player, but you are also capable to work in a very autonomous way
If you’re interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume through the Signify career site
After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for a face-to-face recruitment- and business interviews.
Click here to apply for this job online.