Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations. Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people’s lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
In high tech horticulture Signify has been leading in growth lighting for many years. Today’s business is to design and supply LED solutions for professional growers. With our LED solutions, light can be tuned exactly to the crop and its environment to improve growth results, which is the fundament for our ‘light recipe approach’. We are active in vegetables, fruits and flowers grown in high tech greenhouses, vertical farms and research institutes all over the world.
For more information on Signify Horti please check www.philips.com/horti or our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/PhilipsHorticulture
You are part of the Sales team Central & Eastern Europe, you report to the Sales Manager C&EE. You are based in Moscow, and you will travel to customers and projects regularly. You are also part of our global team of 15 plant specialists who exchange knowledge and experiences.
TOGETHER WE CAN…
Build on the position for Signify with focus on Russia. As a Plant Specialist you establish and maintain relationships with key greenhouse growers, mainly in vegetables (cucumber, tomato, lettuce). You advise them on how to improve their growth process using Signify Horticulture LED solutions. You support the Business Development Managers and work closely with Application Engineers for best advice and implementation at the greenhouse. You are part of the network of horticulture consultants and other influencers in horticulture business in your region.
As a Plant Specialist, you contribute to the success of Signify Horticultural LED Solutions, by identifying and advising on the best LED lighting recipes for plant growing practices in vegetable and floriculture crops, mostly in greenhouses, across Central & Eastern Europe with focus on Russia.
You are responsible to support customer’s projects in your region and setting up and following recipe development with recipe partners and customers (growers). This includes relationship building with customers and partners necessary to achieve business objectives for the region. You will regularly travel to customers/ projects in your region.
Your key responsibilities are in the following areas:
Commercial and application research
· Advice growers on implementation of LED and adapting to the new way of growing
· Develop recipes by setting up projects based upon the business development plan for the region, the recipe roadmap, as well as by support on test request of customers.
· Share knowledge externally with customers and partners, by means of customer visits, presentations, reports.
· Support sales with application knowledge to realize a commercial deal
· Develop recipe knowledge
· Build relationships with key-influencers that enable knowledge or promotion
· Support sales by doing customer visits and bringing new leads
· Represent Signify Horticultural LED business at fairs and other events
New trends and innovation
· Keep up to date with developments and interests in the market on light but also on other developments in greenhouses by joining seminars, reading internet, fairs, doing projects together with other companies / partners etc.
· Provide input to product development and marketing on new opportunities for Signify Horticulture.
· In possession of a Bachelor or Master degree (preferably in Horticulture)
· Having several years of working experience, preferably in the area of high-wire (tomato/cucumber) or other vegetable greenhouse production, consultancy or research
· Passionate about greenhouse technology and plant physiology!
· Knowledgeable of lighting is an advantage
· Committed, drive for result, no non-sense & to-the-point
· Willing and liking to travel 50% of the time
· Fluent in Russian and English, additional languages are a plus
· Having good communication skills, conscientious and pro-active
· An excellent team player, but you are also capable to work in a very autonomous way.
If you’re interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume through the career site.
After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for recruitment- and business interviews.
Click here to apply for this job online.