Plant Specialist Biobased
Working at Signify is dynamic. We are an outgoing and customer focused team. We love to question the status quo, improving ourselves and our way of working. We are ambitious and challenge and learn from each other; we are truly greater together. We are a diverse team with different backgrounds and nationalities. And we want to write history with our disruptive products and ways to market them. Being the world leader in lighting, our work impacts the world. With our products, people and organizations save energy which is good for our planet. Sustainability is in the heart of everything we do.
We are looking for a Bio-based Plant Specialist who will support the Business Development Managers and work closely with Application Engineers for best advice and implementation at customer sites. You are part of the network of horticulture consultants and other influencers in the bio-based business in your region.
As a Bio-based Plant Specialist you will…
· Establish and maintain relationships with key growers and research institutes
· Advise customers on how to improve their growth process using Signify Horticulture LED solutions.
· Work with knowledge institutes to optimize growth and lighting strategies.
· Support the Business Development Managers and work closely with Application Engineers for best advice and implementation at customer sites.
In addition, you will be responsible for the following:
Commercial and application research
· Optimize growth recipes for biobased applications by setting up projects both with customers and knowledge institutes
· Advice growers on implementation of LED both in greenhouses and sole-source environments
· Share knowledge externally with customers and partners, by means of customer visits, presentations, reports.
· Support sales with application knowledge to realize a commercial deal
· Develop recipe knowledge
· Build relationships with key-influencers that enable knowledge or promotion
· Support sales by doing customer visits and bringing new leads
· Represent Signify Horticultural LED business at fairs and other events
New trends and innovation
· Keep up to date with developments and interests in the market on light but also on other developments in greenhouses by joining seminars, reading internet, fairs, doing projects together with other companies / partners etc.
· Provide input to product development and marketing on new opportunities for Signify Horticulture.
· In possession of a Bachelor degree (preferably in Horticulture or Plant Science).
· Experienced in bio-based plant physiology with a minimum of 3 years working experience in the horticulture area such as greenhouse production, consultancy or research.
· Passionate about greenhouse technology and plant physiology.
· Knowledgeable of lighting (is an advantage).
· Committed, drive for result, no non-sense & to-the-point.
· Ability to travel 50% of the time.
· Fluent in English, additional languages are a plus.
· Self -motivated and have a structured and discipline way of working.
· A good communicator, conscientious, and pro-active .
· An excellent team player, but you are also capable to work in a very autonomous way
We are Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, and we light up the world! Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We’re committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team.
Click here to apply for this job online.