This role is part of our Horticulture team, they define and deliver solutions which enable the growers globally to increase the productivity with lesser energy costs. Finding the best solution for the grower involves partnership development with multiple partners such as the grower-associations, research centers, and build relationship with specialized financing, business and growers consultancy agencies
As a Plant Specialist, you contribute to the success of Signify Horticultural LED Solutions, by identifying and advising on the best LED lighting recipes for plant growing practices in vegetable and floriculture crops, mostly in greenhouses, across Australia & New Zealand.
You are responsible to support customer’s projects in your region and setting up and following recipe development with recipe partners and customers (growers). This includes relationship building with customers and partners necessary to achieve business objectives for the region. You will regularly travel to customers/ projects in your region.
Together we can...
Commercial and application research
· Advice growers on implementation of LED and adapting to the new way of growing
· Develop recipes by setting up projects based upon the business development plan for the region, the recipe roadmap, as well as by support on test request of customers.
· Share knowledge externally with customers and partners, by means of customer visits, presentations, reports.
· Support sales with application knowledge to realize a commercial deal
· Develop recipe knowledge
· Build relationships with key-influencers that enable knowledge or promotion
· Support sales by doing customer visits and bringing new leads
· Represent Philips Horticultural LED business at fairs and other events
New trends and innovation
Keep up to date with developments and interests in the market on light but also on other developments in greenhouses by joining seminars, reading internet, fairs, doing projects together with other companies / partners etc.
Provide input to product development and marketing on new opportunities for Philips Horticulture.
· Bachelor or master degree holder - preferably in Horticulture
· Minimum 2 years working experience, preferably in the area of high-wire (tomato/cucumber) or other vegetable greenhouse production, consultancy or research
· Passionate about greenhouse technology and plant physiology!
· Knowledge of lighting is an advantage
· Committed, drive for result, no non-sense & to-the-point
· Willing and liking to travel 50% of the time - interstate and to New Zealand
· Fluent in English, additional languages are a plus
· Structured way of working
· Good communication skills, conscientious and pro-active
· You are an excellent team player, but you are also capable to work in a very autonomous way
Click here to apply for this job online.