Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
ABOUT THIS JOB
· Secure successful management of all regional and global Supply/Logistic processes and planning throughout the North America (NA) and Latin America (LATAM) Vegetables Supply Chain to the benefit of all the markets served.
· Take the lead in the different projects, develop and implement structural improvements in the vegetable supply organization.
· Represent the NA and LATAM and Global Vegetables business to assure the Supply meets the needs of the Vegetable business with a focus on communication, information, quality, profitable growth and innovation.
· Manage inventories located within NA and LATAM in line with market inventory policies and S&OP processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manage Supply Chain operational processes, contributing to sales of >$600 million USD globally in vegetable seeds.
· Direct accountability for staff and operational processes throughout NA and LATAM of approximately 30 people.
· Manage Processing and Logistics Planning alongside operational excellence through the NA and LATAM processing plants.
· Manage intercompany order management processes and people in support of the Global Vegetables business.
· Ensure the total supply chain design will meet the future needs of the business.
· Establish and develop supply planning capabilities (people, process, organization and technology/assets).
· Manage local logistics activities including support of the NA and LATAM business and other regions.
· Manage and (lead) the monthly Vegetable Regional SOP process, ensuring agreement on solutions to overcome risks and constraints, ensure active participation in the plants ROP.
· Lead a regional Supply Operations Team, collaborate and coordinate across functional areas to deliver the current and future regional business needs, aligned with the regional and global strategy.
· Ensure crop focus collaboration across functions (e.g. Territories, Regional Marketing and Sales, AOL, R&D, Production, and Finance) as required.
· Manage inventory processes throughout the NA and LATAM region assuring compliance with Syngenta practices.
· Manage inventory discards and approve monthly the NA and LATAM provision budget. Pro-actively identify inventory constraints (surplus, quality, under-over forecasting) and drive resolutions.
· Manage the projects that are under your responsibility on time, people and budget.
· Link with similar functions in other regions to assure global consistency and effectiveness.
· Provide change leadership for efforts towards shared services in these functions.
· Develop a service minded organization; provide pro-active information to all concerned regarding progress on expected product quality, quantity and time.
· Increasing business contribution, secure high level of networking across other functions.
· Demonstrating value-add to the business results through tangible examples of efficiency improvements on supply and logistics levels.
· Setting strategic direction and allocating appropriate resources to meet the needs of a changing business.
· Develop and coach people to increase overall organisational effectiveness.
· Develop a strong collaboration with the Marketing and Selling function.
· Develop strong relationships across the Global Vegetables and overall seeds Supply Chain.
· Masters (preferred) or Bachelor Degree in Planning, or Logistics for Supply Chain activities
· Understanding of the full scope of the Supply Area at a conceptual level (Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing, Distribution and Finance)
· Functional knowledge of planning, territories and commercial units, processing, testing, packing and shipment
· Quality management principles and understanding of process flows and developing structural solutions
· Functional knowledge of seed production and vendor management
· Fluent in English
· Experience in leading diverse, geographically dispersed teams
· 5 years of experience in seeds / horticultural / agricultural business or supply chain
· Experience in working / leading multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams and or departments
· 5-years working experience in an international environment
· Supply Chain Operations / planning / project management
· Team building and change management skills
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, TRAITS & ABILITIES
· Consistent working skills, able to deliver under pressure
· Strong communication and collaboration skills at all levels
· Negotiator, decisive, result oriented, self-driven
· Analytical thinker, strong in planning
· Ability to work days, evenings and weekends, as required
· Willingness to travel
· Ability to walk fields in all weather conditions
· All applicants must have a valid driver’s license and be eligible to work in the U.S.
Click here to apply for this job online.