Job Title: International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people’s lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light…
Signify has been leading in growth lighting for Horticulture for many years. Today’s business is supplying LED solutions for growers. With LED solutions, growth light can be tuned exactly to the crop and its environment, which is the fundament for our ‘light recipe approach’. The primary scope of this role is (new) growers in Europe and Asia that want to switch to growing without daylight. These growers can be greenhouse or open field growers that want to go to multilayer, but also new entrants into the market with no growing background or knowledge.
As an International Account Manager, you will be part of the City Farming Team and reporting to the Global Director City Farming.
Together we can…
Keep the leading position of Signify in Horticulture and build out its market share in Indoor / City Farming.
In this position, you contribute to the success of Signify Horticulture LED Solutions by identifying and advising on the best LED lighting solution for plant growing practices in vegetables and potentially floriculture crops, in an environment without natural daylight, and with a global view.
You are responsible to build or expand the network of growers in your region. This includes relationship building with customers and with installation partners or climate chamber builders. You will travel to customers/ projects in your region regularly.
Key areas of responsibility:
· Enables long term profitable growth through selling Signify Horticulture LED Solutions in City Farming.
· Provides input and co-develops the City Farming marketing strategy and is responsible for developing and implementing sales tactics.
· Drives, owns and maintains the City Farming segment innovation funnel and its propositions (fueled by insights and needs) and contributes thus to the Signify Horticulture LED Solutions roadmap, managed by the Marketing Manager City Farming.
· Leads the Market Introduction team in market introductions relevant to City Farming, coordinates the introduction efforts of Sales, Marcom, Product Management, Plant Specialists, and Application Engineering and provides the Sales team with the relevant tools for successful introduction (business case tools, sales deck etc.).
· Actively engages in the City Farming and vegetables-networks to truly understand growers and stakeholders.
· Shares and deploys regional cross-learning of best practices.
· Identifies and initiates partnership targets in line with strategy.
· Coordinates all City Farming efforts in the Horticulture team.
· Represents Signify externally, for example at trade fairs, seminars etc.
· You are responsible for understanding the needs of the growers and translating these needs to a customized offer, including business-case / TCO calculations.
· To the internal Horticulture team, you are the voice of the customer and you will coordinate all activities related to your customers, especially building and developing the use of LED in the climate chambers for growing vegetables or potentially floriculture crops.
· Realize the sales process from the initial request to closing the deal.
· Maintain customer profile data/status and expectations.
· Manage / train Partners to develop the market.
· Build relationships with knowledgeable Partners and key-influencers.
· Represent Signify Horticultural LED Solutions-business at trade fairs and other events.
New trends and innovation
· Keep up to date with developments and interests in the lighting-market but also on general developments in climate chambers and greenhouses by joining seminars, online newsletters, trade fairs, participating in projects with other companies / Partners etc.
· Provide input to product development and marketing on new opportunities for Signify Horticulture.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
· 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually.
· A substantial variable bonus based on both Signify results and personal performance.
· Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching.
· Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package.
· Opportunity to buy Signify shares and Philips products with discount.
· Healthy work-life balance.
· In possession of a Bachelors or Master’s degree (preferably in Horticulture).
· Having at least 5 years working experience in the area of vegetables & young plants in greenhouse production or indoor farming, consultancy or research, preferably with leafy greens and young vegetable plants.
· Passionate about (greenhouse) technology and plant physiology!
· Comfortable working in a dynamic and immature market segment within Horticulture.
· Knowledgeable of lighting is an advantage.
· Committed, result driven, no nonsense & to-the-point mentality.
· Fluent in Dutch and English, preferably also fluent in French or German.
· A good communicator, conscientious and pro-active.
· An excellent team player, but you are also capable of working in a very autonomous way.
If you’re interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume through the Signify career site.
Since we do not have an official closing date, we urge you to apply as soon as possible in case you are interested. After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for recruitment- and business interviews.
Click here to apply for this job online.