Full time Grower Nursery Manager required to join our vegetable plant breeding business, responsible for crops grown in 1 acre glass house and all work required at the nursery site.
· Carry out all work to ensure successful production of all crops at the nursery for the purpose of plant breeding and seed production.
· Application of chemical plant protection products and biologicals.
· Pest and disease monitoring and reporting.
· Irrigation scheduling and maintenance.
· Use a range of horticultural machinery, equipment, hand tools and vehicles including compact tractors and PTO driven equipment.
· Supervise and manage allocated staff.
· Work with pollinating insects including bees.
· Maintenance of equipment and machinery.
· Site, building and grounds maintenance.
· Glass house maintenance.
· Coordinate/supervise contractors.
· Maintain stocks of materials and consumables.
· Work additional hours when required.
· Flexible and able to adapt to changing needs of the business and work in environment with limited standardization.
· Attention to detail and able to recognise and interpret planting plans, product codes and numbering of breeding crops.
· Works well alone and as part of a team.
· Creates good working relationships.
· Patient and able to plan work and tasks assigned from multiple sources.
· Ability to prioritise.
· Creates practical solutions to overcoming challenges.
· Excellent communicator.
· Shows aptitude for a range of maintenance tasks.
· Able to work in all weathers.
· Able to work in dusty environments.
· Able to carry out a physical roll, can lift 25kg.
· PA1 and PA6 trained or willing to undergo training.
· Computer literate, Microsoft office applications.
· Full driving license.
· Eligible to work in the UK.
· Fluent in English.
· Previous experience growing crops in glass house production in a position with responsibility (3+years).
· Previous experience working in agriculture/horticulture (3+ years) an advantage.
· Formal training/qualifications in horticulture or Agriculture desirable.
· Competitive salary.
· Contributory company pension.
· 24 days annual leave + bank holidays.
· Company sick pay.
· Free parking on site.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to vacancies@ tozerseeds.com
Click here to apply for this job online.