Job Field: REDE - Research & Development
Location: SK, CA
Company: BASF Canada
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_CA_1900282
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2018, as well as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2018.
Formula for Success: You Will…
As a Greenhouse Associate, you will join our team in Saskatoon where you will be involved in lab and greenhouse projects for local and global breeding programs with the goal of developing hybrids that provide the highest return to growers.
· Provide assistance to breeding projects to ensure seed quality and quantity for continued use in the Greenhouse and Doubled Haploid programs which involves:
· Seeding to harvest responsibilities, tissue and seed sampling
· Removal of contaminants, pollinators and pollination control
· Maintenance and care of greenhouse plants
· Provide assistance in seed cleaning
· Provide assistance in cleaning of greenhouse and stocking supplies
· Assist in other department programs (pathology and field as required)
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· Individual may be pursuing a diploma or degree in Agriculture or have previous experience in a greenhouse environment on a technical basis (general greenhouse work).
· Good communication skills with the ability to take initiative and work in a team environment.
· Knowledge or experience in a greenhouse environment and with the general care and maintenance of plants.
· Demonstrates problem solving skills, self-motivated.
· Ability to be flexible and modify plans according to priorities.
We welcome and encourage applications from all persons. BASF has a robust policy of accommodating employees who are able to perform the essential duties of the job upon accommodation. In particular, applicants with disabilities are entitled to a recruitment process and accessible materials.
Click here to apply for this job online.