Dümmen Orange is an international leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our company Fides Cuttings Limited in Fareham (Hampshire UK), we are looking for a Breeding Assistant Chrysanthemum.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. As Breeding Assistant Chrysanthemum, you join our small and highly motivated team developing new commercial chrysanthemum varieties.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Preparation and coordination of all the work needed for our chrysanthemum breeding program, helping to organize flower trials, vase-life tests and crossing;
• Collect and analyze data (e.g. in software program Ebrida);
• Designing phytopathology, trials/lab orders and carry out sampling procedures;
• Organize oversea shipments;
• Plant patent applications;
• 1 in 5 duty weekend.
• BSc or MSc in relevant subject area;
• Proficiency in excel essential;
• Good command of English;
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team;
• Applicant needs to be self motivated, conscientious and enthusiastic, and able to work in high temperatures during the summer months;
• Our location has limited public transport so a driving license and own car would be an advantage, but not a requirement;
• Applicants should be aware this position has an early start and must be able to reliably get to Fareham/Titchfield by 7am.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
About Dümmen Orange
Dümmen Orange is a worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around 360 million euro. We have more than 7.700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to our Dümmen Orange success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. We take pride in our corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety and personal development of our staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Peter Wain (Breeder), via p.wain@. dummenorange.com
Click here to apply for this job online.