Dümmen Orange is an international leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our location in De Kwakel (The Netherlands), we are looking for an Associate Breeder Rose.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. Dümmen Orange centralized the Rose breeding activities for NW-Europe in De Kwakel (The Netherlands) and is looking for a full-time Associate Breeder with passion for product innovation and breeding processes. As Associate Breeder Rose you will work in a team developing new commercial cut and pot rose varieties with (a combination of) unique innovative traits for our customers.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Coordination, preparation and completion of breeding activities and flower trials;
• Collecting, digital processing (e.g. in software program Ebrida) and analyzing phenotypic and genotypic crop properties;
• Reporting on the progress of activities and making recommendations for adjustments and improvement of (breeding) processes;
• Ensuring the implementation of new developments into the breeding processes.
• MSc in Life Sciences, preferably in Plant Breeding;
• Good command of the English language, both verbal and written;
• Pragmatic mindset, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and team player facilitating cross-functional collaboration;
• Affinity with plant breeding and an eye for details.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is a worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around 360 million euro. We have more than 7.700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to our Dümmen Orange success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. We take pride in our corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of our staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
If you have questions about the job, you can contact Paul Maris (Breeding Director Cut Flowers), via + 31 6 306 77 300.
Click here to apply for this job online.