Dümmen Orange is an international leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Research & Development department, we are looking for an (Associate) Breeder Rose.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. As (Associate) Breeder Rose, you have passion for breeding processes and product innovation. You will work in a highly motivated team developing new commercial rose varieties with (combinations of) unique innovative traits for our customers.
You are either based at our rose breeding location in Kenya (Naivasha) or in the Netherlands (De Kwakel) and report to the Breeding Director Cut Flowers.
Your tasks & responsibilities
• Develop, co-ordinate and execute an effective breeding program based on the Rose Crop Strategy resulting in varieties that meet the market requirements;
• Optimize breeding processes and strengthen and exploit our genetics base;
• Team up with Strategic Marketing, Product Managers and Breeding Technology to stay aligned with future market requirements and smart adoption of novel technologies and traits;
• Strengthen the knowledge base of the company and expand our freedom to operate position.
• MSc or PhD in Genetics, Plant Breeding, or in related areas within the Life Sciences;
• Breeding experience, preferably in a commercial setting;
• Excellent communication skills and a good command of the English language, both verbal and written;
• Ready to (move to and) live in Kenya or The Netherlands and ready to travel frequently between these countries;
• Innovator, team player and hands on mentality.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is a worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around 360 million euro. We have more than 7.700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to our Dümmen Orange success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. We take pride in our corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of our staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
If you have questions about the job, you can contact Paul Maris via +31 630 677 300.
Click here to apply for this job online.