Dümmen Orange is one of the leading breeding companies focused on cut flowers, pot plants, bedding plants, bulbs, succulents and perennials. For our Research & Development department in ‘t Zand, we are looking for a (Associate) Breeder Calla.
Our organization grows and flourishes. Via organic growth and by acquiring other companies. This results in a fast-changing and therefore challenging environment. As (Associate) Breeder you plan, lead, execute and control a breeding program that aims to deliver value-added innovative products. You provide direct and indirect leadership to individuals and teams. In order to execute the plans you will lead and collaborate with teams like R&D Operations (to secure the realisation and the quality of the trials) and Marketing & Sales (to align the project outputs with market needs). You encourage excellence and professionalism while complying with company’s policies.
The R&D location in ‘t Zand, has a long term experience in the development of Zantedeschia/Calla varieties, and appropriate facilities, including greenhouses for crossing and testing new varieties and open field for multiplication and evaluations. The pipeline consists of breeding material from Sande and Golden State Bulb growers. The breeding is led by a Senior Breeder, who together with the Breeding Director will help you to develop to a full Breeder. The Operations team will assist in crossing, planting and growing the Calla.
You will have the following responsibilities and will perform the associated tasks to fulfill these responsibilities:
· Combine the two breeding pipelines;
· Develop new products in line with the breeding plan;
· Provide reports on progress;
· Build on effective internal and external network and leverage relationships to support the delivery of objectives;
· Provide functional leadership.
· MSc, or BSc with work experience in Life Sciences, preferably Plant Breeding/Genetics;
· Experience in the use of databases and data analysis. You will be able to extract the data and analyse them to develop conclusions on the performance of the genetics;
· You act on market and technological developments;
· You have a sense for observation and continuous improvement;
· You’re organized, practical, analytical and a team player;
· Good command of the English and Dutch language;
· You have a driving license.
Dümmen Orange is a leading company in the breeding and development of cut flowers, pot plants, bedding plants, bulbs, succulents and perennials. Its annual turnover is approximately 260 million euros. The company employs more than 7.000 people worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a strong network of production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
We would like to receive your application letter, including resume by email to HR.NL@DummenOrange.com. If you have any questions, you can contact Anita de Haan (Breeding Director Bulbs and Tubers), at +31 6 15 51 53 97.
Click on the link below to apply online